Washington State Bar News is the official members’ magazine of the Washington State Bar Association.
Washington State Bar News will inform, educate, engage, and inspire by offering a forum for members of the legal community to connect and to enrich their careers.
All opinions, statements, and conclusions expressed in submitted articles, letters to the editor, and editorial comment appearing herein represent the views of the respective authors and do not necessarily carry the endorsement of the WSBA or its Board of Governors. Likewise, the publication of any advertisement is not construed as an endorsement of the product or service offered unless it is specifically stated in the ad that there is such approval or endorsement.
. . .
WRITE FOR US
Article Submission Guidelines
Washington State Bar News relies on submissions from WSBA members and nonmembers that are of interest to readers. Please contact the editor (at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about your submission or to discuss a topic for an article. Send pitches and articles to email@example.com.
Articles must be the author’s original work. Attribution must be provided for any non-original work cited, quoted, or otherwise incorporated into submitted articles. Articles should not have been published elsewhere. Upon publication in Bar News, articles become the property of the WSBA.
Articles typically run 1,400-2,100 words. Please include a brief author’s biography, including contact information, at the end of the article. High-resolution graphics and photographs can be submitted. Authors should also provide a high-resolution digital photo of themselves with their submission.
The editor reserves the right to edit articles as deemed appropriate. The editorial team may work with the writer, and the editor may provide additional proofs to the author for review. Bar News is published nine times a year on or about the first of the month. The current circulation is approximately 34,000.
- Article outline sheet
Letters to the Editor Policy
- Beyond the Bar Number: Tell your story in Bar News’s Q&A.
. . .
GET THE WORD OUT
Advertising in Bar News
Washington State Bar News is the official publication of the Washington State Bar Association. Each issue is mailed to more than 35,000 active members of WSBA across the state and beyond. It is the only publication that reaches 100% of Washington’s active licensed legal practitioners.
To discuss advertising opportunities or receive a media kit, contact Ronnie Jacko of LLM Publications at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-445-2234.
LLM Publications handles the following types of ads for Bar News:
- Display Ads
- Announcements. 1/3-page ads found toward the back of the magazine. Typically, they announce a new hire, change of address, or special message from your firm.
- Marketplace Professional Listings appear in the print and online version of the magazine, in an easy-to-reference section that WSBA members can use to locate professional services relevant to their practices.
Space reservation deadline is the first of each month for the issue following, e.g. Jan. 1 for the February issue.
Bar News Classified Advertising
Classified ads for space available, services, etc. run in each issue of Bar News. Space reservation deadline is the first day of each month for the issue following, e.g., Jan. 1 for the February issue. Classifieds cannot be cancelled after the deadline.
Classified Ad Rates
- WSBA Members: $50/first 50 words; $1 each additional word
- Non-members: $60/first 50 words; $1 each additional word
How to Submit Classified Ads
Email your classified ad to email@example.com. For your privacy, we cannot accept credit card information via email. Please do not email the payment form to us. Payment options:
- Fax: You can fax the credit card payment form to WSBA at 206-727-8310. Please email your ad to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you have faxed your credit card information.
- Phone: You can call the WSBA at 206-443-9722 to give your credit card information over the phone. Please email your ad to email@example.com and let us know that you have called in your credit card information. Please note: Our service provider will charge you a separate, non-refundable transaction fee of 2.5% on all bank card transactions. There is no transaction fee if you mail in your check.
- Check by mail: If you wish to pay via check, please email your ad to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you have sent your check. Send checks (payable to “WSBA”) to:
Washington State Bar News
1325 Fourth Ave., Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101-2539
Position Available Ads
Positions available postings are now available online only, in our Career Center. You can post a job online at any time — postings go live within about an hour, 24/7.
. . .
NEED TO KNOW
All active members of the WSBA receive Washington State Bar News. For inactive, honorary, and emeritus members, a free subscription is available upon request. The nonmember subscription rate is $36 a year, Washington residents, please add sales tax (current sales tax rate). To subscribe to Bar News, email email@example.com.
. . .
We are happy to announce it is now possible for you to create a specific Bar News mailing address in your myWSBA member record. Click here for instructions.
. . .
Requests for permission to reprint Bar News articles should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.